Ready to become a Carpenter apprentice?
Applications and documentation are due no later than March 15th, 2019 (FAIRBANKS APPLICANTS ONLY). The Anchorage application period has closed for 2019 classes; however, applications may still be submitted for consideration in our 2020 classes. Applications may be submitted via fax, email, mail, or be dropped off in person.
Requirements to apply:
- Submit a completed application.
- Must be an Alaska resident for a minimum of 30 days (proof of residency must be provided).
- Must be at least 18 years of age (or turn 18 by the time classes begin). Proof of age required. Must submit Alaska driver's license or ID card.
- High school diploma or GED. Copy of diploma/GED AND transcripts required.
- Copy of DD214 (if military).
- Be drug free. Drug screening will be required of all selected candidates.
- Applicants must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in related training classes, and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the job.
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the occupation without endangering the health and safety of themselves and/or fellow workers.